Posted to adffaces-dev@incubator.apache.org by Jeanne Waldman <je...@oracle.com> on 2006/07/11 18:51:57 UTC

[Proposal] new prefix-name for custom skin properties

I submitted an issue about this.
I wanted to make sure we have consensus on -oam- instead of -ora- before
I implement this.

         Key: ADFFACES-56
     Project: MyFaces ADF-Faces
        Type: Improvement

Thanks,
Jeanne

John Fallows wrote:

> On 6/25/06, Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> +1 for the proposal in a whole
>> +1 for using inhibit - I like it more than reset or null
>

> Agreed.  +1 proposal, +1 inhibit.
>
> suggestion for ca new prefix-name: changing ora to oam (org apache
> myfaces)
>

> Yes, this is another part of the repackaging effort.  Are we limited to 3
> chars here?
>
> tc,
> -john.
>
> regards,
>

>> Martin
>>
>> On 6/24/06, Jeanne Waldman <je...@oracle.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi there,
>> >

>> > I have another skinning proposal. This is a useful feature that is in
>> > xss that I think we should port to skinning css. It is the css
>> property
>> > resetting feature.
>> >
>> > A bit of background first. Trinidad defines a base skin. We call this
>> > skin 'simple'. It defines basic, simple css properties for the
>> Trinidad
>> > components. An application developer can create a skin, and this
>> > automatically extends the simple skin. Think of the simple skin as a
>> > base class in Java. You can extend one skin from another, but they are
>> > all derived from the base skin.
>> >
>> > When a skin extends the base skin, it is ADDING style properties to
>> the
>> > base skin's style properties.
>> >
>> > Let's say the base skin defines the font-size for the
>> > af|inputText::label selector. This means that your skin will inherit
>> > this font. Your skin can redefine font-size, and put a new font-size
>> > instead. But currently, you can't say, "I don't want any font-size
>> > specified on af|inputText::label".
>> >
>> > I'm proposing that we come up with a skinning syntax that allows the
>> > person writing a skin to do this.
>> >
>> > We have this feature in the .xss syntax. In .xss, you'd do this:

>> > or to reset one property, you'd do this:
>> >      <property name="font-size"/>
>> >
>> > How could we do this in css-syntax?
>> >
>> > One proposal is to add a special property like our '-ora-rule-ref'
>> > property. (by the way, we'll need another discussion on whether to
>> > change the -ora- prefix, and what to change it to).
>> >
>> > Here is a proposal:
>> >
>> > .foo {-ora-inhibit: all}
>> > .bar {-ora-inhibit: text-align font-size color} // inhibit/reset/null
>> > out these specific properties
>> >
>> > Let me know what you think.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Jeanne
>> >

>> --
>>
>> http://www.irian.at
>>
>> Your JSF powerhouse -
>> JSF Consulting, Development and
>> Courses in English and German
>>
>> Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: [Proposal] new prefix-name for custom skin properties

Posted by Si...@DMR.CA.
Ah, I didn't know those properties. Then my vote is:

 -tri : +1

Simon Lessard
Fujitsu Consulting

Jeanne Waldman <je...@oracle.com>
2006-07-11 20:40
Please respond to adffaces-dev

        To:     adffaces-dev@incubator.apache.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [Proposal] new prefix-name for custom skin
properties

We can't go with just '-' because a user can use custom properties from
mozilla, like -moz-border-radius.

Posted by Jeanne Waldman <je...@oracle.com>.

        To:     adffaces-dev@incubator.apache.org
        cc:     mmarinschek@apache.org