Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org> on 2003/11/09 16:34:30 UTC

[excalibur] cvs surgery, restructuring, gump

Hi gang,

I've updated most of the remaining packages in excalibur cvs to maven. I
nuked CVS history in the process for these packages (the old structure
is available at avalon-sandbox/old-excalibur-materials). Also, ant build
files are currently gone so gump will seriously topple over. Since  most
of these packages haven't been building properly for some time, that's
not a big change :/

I must admit I did a bit of dirty hacking CVS hacking in order to get
things done quickly. You might need to do a fresh cvs checkout to get
everything back in place. Sorry for that.

I've put up an issue-tracker-wiki page for this stuff at

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?AvalonExcaliburBuildRefactoring

***volunteers needed!***

it would be nice if some people could get their hands dirty and help
out. See the page mentioned above for a task list. When you fix
something, update the wiki page :D

cheers,

- LSD

Re: [excalibur] cvs surgery, restructuring, gump

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>Also, ant build files are currently gone so gump will seriously
>>topple over. Since  most of these packages haven't been building
>>properly for some time, that's not a big change :/
>
> Don't take this as too harsh a criticism, but since the failure of Avalon to
> build means that GUMP doesn't build James, either, I have been hoping that
> Avalon would fix the GUMP build, rather than break it further.  Is that on
> the agenda now?

yep. I've already committed new ant files. We'll see what happens
tonight. Based on that output, it should be feasible to get the gump
descriptors back in sync with reality. Excalibur-Logger is going to
remain broken a bit longer (until Berin figures out what he wants to do
to it).

But its not like I have that much free time to spend on boring stuff
liek this; if you're in a hurry...you've got access to the gump repo
yourself :D

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> [...]

Just for reference - I've recently put in place a override site.jsl
which should fix the problem concerning RC1 variations on site
generation - however there is still a bug concerning reactor builds
related to site generation under RC1 (which is one of the reasons why
the configuration and i18n documentation is not auto generated within
the excalibur site generation).

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org

RE: [excalibur] cvs surgery, restructuring, gump

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Thanks!
Carsten

Re: [excalibur] cvs surgery, restructuring, gump

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Wow, great work, Leo!

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Also, ant build files are currently gone so gump will seriously
> topple over. Since  most of these packages haven't been building
> properly for some time, that's not a big change :/

Don't take this as too harsh a criticism, but since the failure of Avalon to
build means that GUMP doesn't build James, either, I have been hoping that
Avalon would fix the GUMP build, rather than break it further.  Is that on
the agenda now?

	--- Noel