Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@dsndata.com> on 1995/03/28 21:27:37 UTC

Re: announce Apache

> The safest bet, and one which will cause the mimimum of disturbance to the
> existing project would be to announce a press release, one-page, to the more
> technical mailing lists.  We could then follow it up with a FAQ on-line from
> hyperreal.  But then someone has to write all that, and I'm not sure that
> the existing www home page is enough of a showcase for the server's telents,
> nor for ours for that matter ;)
>
> Comments?

I agree with your comments Andrew. I have been trying to think of things
to add to the homepage that will showcase the project.  So far, I have
not been able to find a way to display the virtues of this project since
the server should really be a transparent issue to the browser.
(ie if it works correctly, the surfer will not know)

I am open to ideas and suggestions for things to do with the homepage.
I am planning to add a "library" page containing links to documents
and standards that the group is studying and attempting to follow.
Ideas for these are welcome.  Other ideas are also welcome.

-Randy