Posted to infrastructure-dev@apache.org by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com> on 2009/04/23 23:36:21 UTC

Re: How to update git.apache.org

Jukka Zitting pisze:
> Grzegorz is actually one of the guys who makes the 3rd paragraph work. :-)
>
> Grzegorz: There's a script called update-index.sh that I've use to
> regenerate the index.html file. I just made it a bit more user
> friendly, so you can now update the http://git.apache.org/ page simply
> by running update-index.sh as the git user.

Thanks Jukka. With previous version I had some problems with generating the html. Now it works just fine so I won't
bother you with that issue.

> Perhaps we should make create-mirror.sh automatically call update-index.sh.

I have mixed feelings. I prefer to check everything before mirror is visible at git.apache.org. I don't think this extra
step is a big effort.

Anyway, thanks for your prompt reaction. I'll try to setup Struts mirrors again.

--
Best regards,
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: How to update git.apache.org

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.
Grzegorz Kossakowski pisze:
> Jukka Zitting pisze:
>> Grzegorz is actually one of the guys who makes the 3rd paragraph work. :-)
>>
>> Grzegorz: There's a script called update-index.sh that I've use to
>> regenerate the index.html file. I just made it a bit more user
>> friendly, so you can now update the http://git.apache.org/ page simply
>> by running update-index.sh as the git user.
>
> Thanks Jukka. With previous version I had some problems with generating the html. Now it works just fine so I won't
> bother you with that issue.
>
>> Perhaps we should make create-mirror.sh automatically call update-index.sh.
>
> I have mixed feelings. I prefer to check everything before mirror is visible at git.apache.org. I don't think this extra
> step is a big effort.
>
> Anyway, thanks for your prompt reaction. I'll try to setup Struts mirrors again.

Crap. I'm typing too quickly.

This was meant to be sent to infrastructure and not infrastructure-dev.

Sorry for this.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski