Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/03/14 00:56:26 UTC

[Lucene-hadoop Wiki] Update of "Roadmap" by DougCutting

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Lucene-hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by DougCutting:
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop/Roadmap

New page:
= Hadoop Roadmap =

This page documents the release plans for Hadoop.

Release planning is primarily coordinated through [http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP Hadoop's JIRA database].

== Release 0.1 ==

This first release of Hadoop will happen around April 15, 2006.

Unresolved issues planned for release 0.1 are listed in [http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=12310240&fixfor=12310812 here] in JIRA.

With this release we're primarily aiming for reliability and stability on clusters containing up to a few hundred nodes.

== Release 0.2 ==

This release is not yet scheduled.

Unresolved issues planned for release 0.1 are listed [http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=12310240&fixfor=12310813 here] in JIRA.

With this release we hope to get Hadoop to scale to thousands of nodes and to support more advanced features.

== Release 1.0 ==

???