Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Ryan J. McDonough" <ry...@randomthought.org> on 2001/06/28 16:05:44 UTC

Batik working better under Mac OS X

For those of you trying to Batik running properly under Mac OS X, you should
be aware that Apple has posted Mac OS X Java 3.1DP2 to it's ADC site. This
is apparently available to ADC online members (the free kind of membership).
The only reason I am posting this here is that many of the bugs in regards
to the display of SVG images have been resolved. Instead of seeing a bunch
of scattered horizontal lines that kind of resemble the proper image, you
actually see about 3/4 of the image rendered perfectly. What I am seeing in
the SVGBrowser is the about 25% of the top and left portion of the image is
left white while the remaining 75% of the image is displayed properly. The
odd thing is that when the image is enlarged, there is no white space.

In short, this looks more like it could be Apples bug rather than Batik and
it may a good idea to see what else Apple can fix during the development of
the updated JDK before too much effort is spent trying to fix it.

Ryan-

 Ryan J. McDonough
 http://www.randomthought.org
 mailto:ryan@randomthought.org