Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Peri Subrahmanya <pe...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/07 06:08:04 UTC

Use SOLR 3.x with JCR 2.x

I wanted to get some direction on using SOLR as an external indexing tool
with JCR2.x I know JCR comes with Lucene but for some custom needs we would
like to use SOLR as the indexing module in JCR. Please advise.

Thanks
-PeriS

Re: Use SOLR 3.x with JCR 2.x

Posted by Peri Subrahmanya <pe...@gmail.com>.
Tor,

Yes, we are already doing that as we have a need for faceted search,
indexing custom fields etc. I should have asked a little bit more clearly;
what I am trying to do is to merge the two webapps into a single module
that is have one project that bundles solr and jcr. Current setup is two
different web apps and so transaction management is a little tricky that
is rolling back data in one system if something fails in the other etc.
Wanted to see if anyone has a similar setup and perhaps provide some
feedback. The reason we couldn't do it with earlier version of JCR was
because it was using an older version of Lucene than SOLR so had to keep
them seperate. But now jcr and solr both use 3.x version of lucene so
shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks
-PeriS

Re: Use SOLR 3.x with JCR 2.x

Posted by Torgeir Veimo <to...@netenviron.com>.

Re: Use SOLR 3.x with JCR 2.x

Posted by Thomas Mueller <mu...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

There is no plan (that I know of) to support SOLR for Jackrabbit 2.x. However, for project Oak (the successor of Jackrabbit 2.x) there is a plan to support a pluggable index, and very likely a SOLR will be one of the supported index backends. It will take a while until this is available however.

Patches are welcome of course.

Regards,
Thomas

From: Peri Subrahmanya <pe...@gmail.com>>