Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Mark Wendt (Contractor)" <ma...@nrl.navy.mil> on 2007/10/16 12:23:06 UTC

DNSWL question

I've started seeing some spam come through that gets labeled with
"RCVD_IN_DNSWL_MED RBL: Sender listed at http://www.dnswl.org/",
which imparts a negative score if the relay is listed in their
db.  Here at the Lab, we have an email gateway at the front, which is
the single point of entry for email to the Lab, and then forwards the
emails to the respective servers.  Can't get around that issue, it's
mandated by the Lab.

Been looking through the doccy's and I've either glossed over it, or
there is no section dealing specifically with this rule set that
would allow me to turn off this rule.  Can someone point me in the
right direction as to how and where I can turn off this rule if it
can be turned off?

Thanks,
Mark

Re: DNSWL question

Posted by Jonathan Armitage <jo...@hepworthband.co.uk>.
Mark Wendt (Contractor) wrote:
> I've started seeing some spam come through that gets labeled with
> "RCVD_IN_DNSWL_MED RBL: Sender listed at http://www.dnswl.org/"

 > Can someone point me in the right
> direction as to how and where I can turn off this rule if it can be
> turned off?

In local.cf: score RCVD_IN_DNSWL_MED 0.00

Jon

Re: DNSWL question

Posted by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>.
Quoting "Mark Wendt (Contractor)" <ma...@nrl.navy.mil>:

> I've started seeing some spam come through that gets labeled with
> "RCVD_IN_DNSWL_MED RBL: Sender listed at http://www.dnswl.org/",
> which imparts a negative score if the relay is listed in their
> db.  Here at the Lab, we have an email gateway at the front, which is
> the single point of entry for email to the Lab, and then forwards the
> emails to the respective servers.  Can't get around that issue, it's
> mandated by the Lab.
>
> Been looking through the doccy's and I've either glossed over it, or
> there is no section dealing specifically with this rule set that
> would allow me to turn off this rule.  Can someone point me in the
> right direction as to how and where I can turn off this rule if it
> can be turned off?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Just set the score to 0 (zero).  Any rule can be disabled by setting the score
to zero.

Cheers,

Jeff C.