Posted to users@groovy.apache.org by vlkodlak <se...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/18 00:53:18 UTC

Re: Scriptom

Hi,

I used scriptom in the past and it was a really great library.

Is there any hope that it will be woken up / reborn?
And is / will there be some alternative on Mac? I'd like to control MS app
via Groovy ...

Thanks

Tomas

RE: Scriptom

Posted by Merlin Beedell <MB...@cryoserver.com>.
I think that MS are trying to move away from the COM / DCOM model - and I found it quite difficult to locate the documentation on the basic VBA type model objects properties and methods for Outlook (as used by Scriptom). The MSDN kept directing me to other APIs, like this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/add-ins/excel/excel-add-ins-overview?product=excel
This was the sort of thing that I was doing:

org.codehaus.groovy.scriptom.Scriptom.inApartment {

    def OutApp = new org.codehaus.groovy.scriptom.ActiveXObject("Outlook.Application")

    def myNameSpace = OutApp.GetNameSpace("MAPI")
    //println myNameSpace.Folders.Count

    def OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0)

    OutMail.to = "me@blaa.com"
    OutMail.CC = ""
    OutMail.BCC = ""
    OutMail.Subject = "This is the Subject line"
    OutMail.Body = "Hi there"
    OutMail.Send()
    OutMail = null
    OutApp = null