Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Woolf, Ross" <Ro...@BMC.com> on 2010/06/03 21:50:21 UTC

numDeletedDocs()

There seems to be a mismatch between the IndexWriter().numDeletedDocs() method as stated in the javadocs supplied in the 2.9.2 download and what is actual.

JavaDocs for 2.9.2 as came with the 2.9.2 download

numDeletedDocs
public int numDeletedDocs()Returns the number of deleted documents.  (No parameter required)

----------------------
Source code for 2.9.2
  public int numDeletedDocs(SegmentInfo info) throws IOException {  (Parameter required)

Why is there no longer a no parameter numDeleteDocs as stated in the JavaDocs?  I'm not sure how I use the "experimental" SegmentInfo just to get the delete count in my index?  Any help appreciated.

RE: numDeletedDocs()

Posted by "Woolf, Ross" <Ro...@BMC.com>.
Oh, my mistake, thanks.  I clicked on a link and I thought it took me to the indexWriter in javadocs.  Once I retraced my steps it took me to the indexReader.  This solves my problem :).

Hmm... I don't think IndexWriter has ever had a numDeletedDocs() (w/ no params)?

(IndexReader does).

Mike

Re: numDeletedDocs()

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Btw. folks, http://search-lucene.com/ has a really handy source code search with auto-completion for Lucene, Solr, etc.  For example, I typed in: numDel  - and immediately found those methods.  Use it. :)

Otis----

> Hmm... I don't think IndexWriter has ever had a numDeletedDocs() (w/ no
> params)?

(IndexReader does).

Mike

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at
> 3:50 PM, Woolf, Ross <
> href="mailto:Ross_Woolf@bmc.com">Ross_Woolf@bmc.com> wrote:
> There
> seems to be a mismatch between the IndexWriter().numDeletedDocs() method as
> stated in the javadocs supplied in the 2.9.2 download and what is
> actual.
>
> JavaDocs for 2.9.2 as came with the 2.9.2
> download
>
> numDeletedDocs
> public int
> numDeletedDocs()Returns the number of deleted documents.  (No parameter
> required)
>
> ----------------------
> Source code for
> 2.9.2
>  public int numDeletedDocs(SegmentInfo info) throws IOException {
>  (Parameter required)
>

> Why is there no longer a no
> parameter numDeleteDocs as stated in the JavaDocs?  I'm not sure how I use the
> "experimental" SegmentInfo just to get the delete count in my index?  Any help
> appreciated.

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> ymailto="mailto:java-user-help@lucene.apache.org"
> href="mailto:java-user-help@lucene.apache.org">java-user-help@lucene.apache.org