Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2005/05/10 06:19:51 UTC

Re: SV: is something wrong with the perl.apache.org styles?

Stas Bekman wrote:
> Allan Juul wrote:
>
>> it looks incorrect in the snapshot stas sent.
>>
>> this is an old issue/problem mainly caused by me. way back i
>> "rejected" to
>> use transparent gif-images as spacers, so created a hack with the <br>
>> tag
>> using classes to get the same vertical effect. have a look at
>>   http://perl.apache.org/STATUS
>>
>> i think it is only a problem on linux. i use quite a lot of browsers on
>> win32/mac os x and can't recall to have seen this problem ever on those
>> platforms.
>>
>> probably the best solution is the pathetic solution [considering we
>> are now
>> in year 2005], namely to use a spacer.gif image.
>>
>> alternatively, someone with both time and linux in their hands could
>> try and
>> hack the stylesheet
>>
>> i don't have the time right now, but could probably find some around
>> easter.
>

> Or may be someone who understands the issue could submit a bug report to
> the mozilla team, since it looks like a regression to me. It was working
> fine just a few weeks ago.
>
> In any case, thanks for looking at it, Allan. Whenever you have time.
> Make sure to try with the latest bleading firefox and not just an
> official release.

Allan? Did you have a chance to look at those issues?

I also get a screwed up <pre> sections, it doesn't use the fixed fonts. Do
you think it's something wrong on my side? I get it only with mozilla,
while firefox shows those just fine. Other sites show the fixed font fine
with mozilla. I can send a snapshot if you want.