Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Cadbury <co...@yahoo.com> on 2004/05/27 03:43:01 UTC

where is James default database...?

hi all..

just wondering..but perhaps this is a very simple question...if we don't use any database application with James(such as MySQL), then where does james store all the user data and all that(the default)...?

thanx...

jaysheel bhavsar <jb...@mindbridge.com> wrote:
Hello everyone,
Has anyone worked on integrating Clam antivirus and JAMES to scan incoming
and outgoing email for virus? I am have trouble integrating the two. I am
using Vincenzo's matcher class IsInfected. I think the files are not being
downloaded properly because if i use the code

*.tt, true, 1">

virus

I get java exception saying file not found. and If i use the following

true, 1">

virus

everything comes through. Is there something I am missing? do I need to
configure anything else?

thanks

Viewing only the email body, without the header

Posted by Cadbury <co...@yahoo.com>.
hi

how do view an email message's body only? cause
currently when I send an email and I use a servlet to
view the email's content in a web page, all the header
with the body are displayed. What should I do so that
only the email's body(content) are displayed, without
all the headers.

here's an example of what is being displayed now:

Message :Return-Path: Received: from localhost
([127.0.0.1]) by imin (JAMES SMTP Server 2.1.3) with
SMTP ID 737 for ; Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:10:52 +0800
(GMT+08:00) Message-ID:
<00...@imin> From: "Abdul
Muhaimin" To: Subject: TMConfidential:Assalamualaikum.
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:10:50 +0800 MIME-Version:
1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0014_01C44EFD.1DDF91A0"
There is no God but=20 Allah.
------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C44EFD.1DDF91A0--

what should I do so that only the body of the email
are being displayed?

Thanx a lot. Any help are greatly appreciated.

RE: How to configure james to use Cloudscape database..?

Posted by Cadbury <co...@yahoo.com>.
i've switched to MySQL instead of Cloudscape...thanx a lot anyway :)

"Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> wrote: > how should I configure james so that it will use Cloudscape
> database as its database..?

You would need to create a section similar to the sample for mysql in
config.xml, and you might need to add custom entries for cloudscape into
sqlResources.xml. I don't recall that we have explicit support for
Cloudscape.

--- Noel

RE: How to configure james to use Cloudscape database..?

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

Posted by Cadbury <co...@yahoo.com>.
hi again all...

i just downloaded cloudscape database...how should I configure james so that it will use Cloudscape database as its database..?

thanx a lot

Cadbury <co...@yahoo.com> wrote:
ooh..thanx a lot page... it's that easy to understand actually.. actually i'm a total beginner in this james and database thingy...thanx again

bill page <bi...@snakeriversoftware.com> wrote: They are stored in flat files. For example my phred mailbox is:

\\Leela\C Drive\Apache\james-2.2.0RC4\apps\james\var\mail\inboxes\phred
while spam goes to:
\\Leela\C Drive\Apache\james-2.2.0RC4\apps\james\var\mail\spam

This can all be configured as you like. Those paths are default locations.
Note that 2.1.3 has some slightly different directories but the default
structure is pretty much the same. They are spec'd in config.xml such as:

.
.
.

file://var/mail/spam/

example, will -->

present for the mailet -->

             db://maildb/deadletter/spam
            -->

Logs are spec'd in environment.xml

RE: where is James default database...?

Posted by Cadbury <co...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by bill page <bi...@snakeriversoftware.com>.
They are stored in flat files.  For example my phred mailbox is:

\\Leela\C Drive\Apache\james-2.2.0RC4\apps\james\var\mail\inboxes\phred
while spam goes to:
\\Leela\C Drive\Apache\james-2.2.0RC4\apps\james\var\mail\spam

This can all be configured as you like.  Those paths are default locations.
Note that 2.1.3 has some slightly different directories but the default
structure is pretty much the same.  They are spec'd in config.xml such as:

      <processor name="spam">
		.
		.
		.
         <mailet match="All" class="ToRepository">
            <repositoryPath>file://var/mail/spam/</repositoryPath>

            <!-- Changing the repositoryPath, as in this commented out
example, will -->
            <!-- cause the mails to be stored in a database repository.  -->
            <!-- Please note that only one repositoryPath element can be
present for the mailet -->
            <!-- configuration. -->
            <!--
            <repositoryPath> db://maildb/deadletter/spam </repositoryPath>
            -->
         </mailet>