Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jack Li <JL...@MurraysDiscount.com> on 2002/05/06 21:48:56 UTC

Memory Leak of JDBC Drive

Hi all,
I  am using JSQLConnect Drive from NetDirect for SQL server connection. I
loose a lot of memory on the system. The memory does get recovered unless I
restart SQL Server. I am using Tomcat 3.12 and SQL Server 2000 on windows
2000. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jack Li

Re: Memory Leak of JDBC Drive

Posted by Rick Fincher <rn...@tbird.com>.
Hi Oki,

You can work around the problem by precompiling your web apps with jspc, or
you can use JVM 1.3.1.

It's an easy work around. You just need to be aware of the problem.

Rick

Re: Memory Leak of JDBC Drive

Posted by Oki DZ <ok...@pindad.com>.

Re: Memory Leak of JDBC Drive

Posted by Rick Fincher <rn...@tbird.com>.
Hi Jack,

What JVM are you using?  Java 1.4 has a memory leak in the javac compiler
that causes a problem under Tomcat.

Are you sure it's SQL Server and not Tomcat with the memory leak?

Rick