Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Julian HO Thean Swee <jh...@starhub.com> on 2003/06/17 05:06:58 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.0 and Apache 1.3

Dear Apache Admins,

I would like to find out which is better from a security standpoint, ver2.0
or 1.3?
Also, approximately when will version 1.3 stop being maintained like version
1.2?

Thank you!
Rgds,
jh

>From 27 November 2002, all StarHub corporate email addresses have been
changed to <userID>@starhub.com

This email is confidential and privileged.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you must not view, disseminate, use or copy this email. Kindly
notify the sender immediately, and delete this email from your system. Thank
you.

Please visit our website at www.starhub.com

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0 and Apache 1.3

Posted by DvDmanDT <dv...@telia.com>.
You can use the cgi version...
Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Jerome Schlumberger wrote:

> I read on the php.net web site that apache 2 and php shouldn't be use in a
> production environment, is it still true ? If it is, do you have an idea
> about when it is possible to use this combo ?

>From what I know (and I'm not a big php user), the problem is mostly that
php uses many libraries, and some of these may not be thread safe.  That
leaves the following options:

1. Use a non-threaded mpm like prefork.

2. Carefully test and check for thread-safety in all the libraries you
use.

3. Use mod_cgi or mod_fastcgi or some other technique for splitting php
processing into its own process.

4. Use apache 1.3.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0 and Apache 1.3