Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andrew <an...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/23 00:38:49 UTC

forEach confusion

Hi,
i'm trying to do this:

   for int (i=0; i < paypalResponse.getErrors().length; i++) {
     String message= paypalResponse.getErrors(i);
   }

like so in jx

        <jx:forEach var="item" items="${paypalResponse.getErrors()}">
        </jx:forEach>

but this only returns an object and not the object value. What am I missing?
I tried ${item[0]} but that returns nothing.

regards

Andrew

Re: forEach confusion

Posted by Andrew <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jason,
that worked a treat, many thanks. If paypal themselves don't know what
they're doing, it may well be time to find another merchant service!!!

regards

Andrew

Re: forEach confusion

Posted by Jason Johnston <co...@lojjic.net>.

Re: forEach confusion

Posted by Andrew <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jason,

Does that really work?

So the Paypal developers say!
http://www.pdncommunity.com/pdn/board/message?board.id=api&message.id=131#M131

I assume by "the object value" you mean a String representation of it?
> Try ${item.toString()} ?

I mean the actual value held in the object. Even with item.toString() I am
still getting:

com.paypal.soap.api.ErrorType@727c61b7

type returns. What I want is to access the contents within object which is a
descriptive string describing why a credit card check was rejected.

HTH

regards

Andrew

Re: forEach confusion

Posted by Jason Johnston <co...@lojjic.net>.
Andrew wrote:
> Hi,
> i'm trying to do this:
>
>    for int (i=0; i < paypalResponse.getErrors().length; i++) {
>      String message= paypalResponse.getErrors(i);
>    }

Does that really work?  I'm guessing that paypalResponse is a
com.paypal.soap.api.AbstractResponseType ... if that's right then the
online javadocs say getErrors(int i) does not return a String, it
returns an ErrorType object.