Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/22 21:54:48 UTC

Update on Android Unit Test Re-Write

Hey

So, this would have happened sooner, but I have the new format with most of
the tests migrated.  Due to permission issues, I deleted the Cordova
Resource API integration test, but if someone wants to figure out how to
get that working, feel free.

https://github.com/apache/cordova-android/pull/363

The big change is the new Unit Test for the bridge.  The bridge currently
has almost no documentation, and since it's the core of the whole thing, we
should probably add more unit tests before we do any more changes. I could
go into more detail about this, but it would be mostly table-flipping and
me saying things that aren't super helpful right now.

The tests are in no way complete, but they're now more consistent with the
modern Android Unit Testing framework, so hopefully people will now write
tests before adding features, or fixing bugs so that we can be sure that we
don't have regressions.  Also, it's so I can say "if there's no test for
it, it's not a regression".

Please look over this PR, I plan to have this merged in on Friday if
there's no comments.

Joe