Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by b4d93r <b4...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/17 17:58:59 UTC

Specifying a set path for data storage.

Good day everyone!

Now that my "trial by fire" initiation with Jmeter is over,%-| I have a
question about setting a specific path for data. Like if I want to run a CSV
file refering to test data on a seperate drive, is there a place (like in
the jmeter.properties or another file) that I could set that path and how
would I do that? (Other than drinking it, I'm not that versed in Java.)  =^D

I would run Jmeter from the C: drive and then have the data on our D: drive
which is all storage, this way I don't clog up the C drive with data files.
>From my understanding, Jmeter currently likes absolute paths but if I can
avoid cloging up my C drive I would really like that. =)

Thanks!
Steve

Re: Specifying a set path for data storage.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Relative paths are relative to a base.

The base for CSV DataSet is the directory containing the JMX file.

The base for all other test elements that use files is the current directory.

Posted by b4d93r <b4...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by b4d93r <b4...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I think I understand it now! :jumping: I feel really stupid it didn't
click before but for some reason my comprehension has gone south for the
winter!

The whole "relative path" means "same folder/directory". Jeez!

Basically my test case and data file(s) need to be in the same folder. As
long as they are, I can store my test case on our shared drive and access it
through Jmeter from different machines.

:drunk: <---me this weekend now I got this figured out!

Thanks again sebb-2, your patience is truly a virtue!

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.