Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by John Brown <jo...@hotmail.com> on 2008/03/15 23:06:02 UTC

RE: [SOLVED] Ant unable to locate tools.jar when building FOP trunk

Andreas Delmelle wrote:

> On Mar 15, 2008, at 14:52, John Brown wrote:
>

>> [snip]
>>
>>> So (no offense), can you re-check? Are you *absolutely* sure the
>>> JAVA_HOME variable points to an existing JDK location (no typos
>>> whatsoever?).
>>>

>> I thought of that, but that's not it:
>
> Another possibility: what do you get when you type 'set JAVACMD'?
>
> Just noticed that, if that variable exists and points to another
> java.exe, that JVM is ultimately used and JAVA_HOME is completely
> ignored by Ant.
>
> Cheers
>
> Andreas

You found it!

C:\Downloads\Utils\fop>set JAVACMD
JAVACMD=java

This java == c:\windows\system32\java.exe, because c:\windows\system32
appears earlier in my %PATH% than my JDK\bin directory. Moving JDK\bin
to the front of %PATH% fixed the problem.

Unfortunately, the Ant installation instructions at
http://ant.apache.org/manual/install.html#installing
say nothing about JAVACMD.

Thanks for your help.

Re: [SOLVED] Ant unable to locate tools.jar when building FOP trunk

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On Mar 15, 2008, at 23:06, John Brown wrote:

>> <snip />
>> Another possibility: what do you get when you type 'set JAVACMD'?
>>
>> Just noticed that, if that variable exists and points to another
>> java.exe, that JVM is ultimately used and JAVA_HOME is completely
>> ignored by Ant.
>>

> You found it!
>
> <snip />
> Unfortunately, the Ant installation instructions at
> http://ant.apache.org/manual/install.html#installing
> say nothing about JAVACMD.

Indeed not in the installation instructions, but there is a very
short reference to it at
http://ant.apache.org/manual/running.html#envvars

Admitted, it's very easy to overlook... I myself only noticed
yesterday. :-)

Anyway, glad to see it worked out.

Cheers

Andreas