Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Yves Caloz <Yv...@trivadis.com> on 2005/04/14 17:31:36 UTC

HTTP Server jetty

Hi,
Somebody surely already put the question, but I did not find an answer, then I ask it nevertheless: Why is Geronimo default with Jetty and not HTTP Apache Server integrated ? Is it a licence problem ?

Thanks

Re: HTTP Server jetty

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <ds...@gluecode.com>.
David is assuming you are asking about the Apache Java based http
server (and servlet/jsp engine) Tomcat.  If you really meant the Apache
HTTPd server, the reason we don't ship with it is HTTPd is written in C
and must be compiled to each platform where our distributions will run
on a generic Java VM.

-dain

--
Dain Sundstrom