Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Lehman, Jason (Registrar's Office)" <Jl...@admin.usf.edu> on 2004/03/17 03:28:43 UTC

Groups, Multiple Domains, and AuthenSmb

Can you refer to windows groups with AuthenSmb on a linux machine and can you refer to multiple domains?  And how do you do it if you can do either.  I know about NTLM but I need it to work in both Netscape and IE since I have both from users.  Thanks for any help.

Re: Groups, Multiple Domains, and AuthenSmb

Posted by Shannon Eric Peevey <sp...@unt.edu>.
> I think I mentioned this a while back, I modified Apache::AuthenSMB to
> allow users to specify the domain in the username field, such as,
> Domain\Username. We have various domains by regions, "hard-coding" the
> Domain in the configuration was too restrictive for our user base.
> Would anyone be interested in the patch?

I would be interested in the patch.  I will check it out, and see if we
should implement it in AuthenSMB.

thanks,
speeves
cws

Re: Groups, Multiple Domains, and AuthenSmb

Posted by Carlos Ramirez <cr...@gte.net>.
Lehman, Jason (Registrar's Office) wrote:

> Can you refer to windows groups with AuthenSmb on a linux machine and
> can you refer to multiple domains?  And how do you do it if you can do
> either.  I know about NTLM but I need it to work in both Netscape and
> IE since I have both from users.  Thanks for any help.

I think I mentioned this a while back, I modified Apache::AuthenSMB to
allow users to specify the domain in the username field, such as,
Domain\Username. We have various domains by regions, "hard-coding" the
Domain in the configuration was too restrictive for our user base. Would
anyone be interested in the patch?

Is this what you mean by refering ro multiple domains?

-Carlos