Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by co...@apache.org on 1998/09/01 19:36:06 UTC

Re: config/2907: suggestion: power up your Include directive :)

Synopsis: suggestion: power up your Include directive :)

State-Changed-From-To: open-suspended
State-Changed-By: coar
State-Changed-When: Tue Sep  1 10:36:05 PDT 1998
State-Changed-Why:

I'm marking this for future consideration, although I don't
think it is likely to be popular; wildcards are too
dangerous.  All it would take is a single file that
doesn't contain directives -- such as a log file -- to
appear in the directory and the server becomes unstartable.
However, we'll consider it more carefully later.  Thanks
for the suggestion.

Re: config/2907: suggestion: power up your Include directive :)

Posted by Igor Vinokurov <ig...@rtsnet.ru>.
On Tue, Sep 01, 1998 at 17:36 -0000, coar@apache.org wrote:
> [you need to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line ]
> [If you do not include this Cc, your reply may be ig-   ]
> [nored unless you are responding to an explicit request ]
> [from a developer.                                      ]
> [Reply only with text; DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS!         ]
>

> Synopsis: suggestion: power up your Include directive :)
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open-suspended
> State-Changed-By: coar
> State-Changed-When: Tue Sep  1 10:36:05 PDT 1998
> State-Changed-Why:
>
> I'm marking this for future consideration, although I don't
> think it is likely to be popular; wildcards are too
> dangerous.  All it would take is a single file that
> doesn't contain directives -- such as a log file -- to
> appear in the directory and the server becomes unstartable.
> However, we'll consider it more carefully later.  Thanks
> for the suggestion.

Now, I think it's bad idea. I can use script for make
single file for include from files in my own format.

--
Igor Vinokurov