Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Raman <rb...@adobe.com> on 2004/06/28 06:38:51 UTC

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Servlet 'ServletRedirector' already defined

Hi,

I am trying to merge my Test scripts with the Project.war file using the
cactifywar task. I am not specifying the servlet redirector here. But
still when I run my script I get the following error.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Servlet 'ServletRedirector' already
defined.

Code of the ant script which does this is as follow.

<cactifywar srcfile="${test.home}/${project.name.file}.war"
      destfile="${test.home}/test.war">
      <classes dir="${buildspace.home}/classes"/>
    <lib file="${httpunit.jar}"/>
  </cactifywar>

Web.xml in the Project.war file has Servlet redirector set. So does the
cactifywar sets it by default? If yes please help me in finding the
solution for this.

Raman

RE: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Servlet 'ServletRedirector' already defined

Posted by Raman <rb...@adobe.com>.
Thanks Vincent !

It worked after I removed the already added ServletRedirector mapping
from the web.xml file of Project.war

Raman

> I am trying to merge my Test scripts with the Project.war file using
the
> cactifywar task. I am not specifying the servlet redirector here. But
> still when I run my script I get the following error.
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Servlet 'ServletRedirector' already
> defined.
>
> Code of the ant script which does this is as follow.
>
> <cactifywar srcfile="${test.home}/${project.name.file}.war"
>       destfile="${test.home}/test.war">
>       <classes dir="${buildspace.home}/classes"/>
>     <lib file="${httpunit.jar}"/>
>   </cactifywar>
>
> Web.xml in the Project.war file has Servlet redirector set. So does
the
> cactifywar sets it by default? If yes please help me in finding the
> solution for this.

Yes. Please read the doc on the web site for the cactifywar task.

-Vincent

RE: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Servlet 'ServletRedirector' already defined

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.