Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andrew Ormsby <an...@lexicle.com> on 2001/07/26 20:31:51 UTC

mod_jk problems

Hi,

I'm using Apache 1.3.20 and Tomcat 3.3m4 and I have the following
problem:

I have a simple servlet which responds to GET requests by returning a
web page with some binary content.  The precise content is selected by a
parameter, e.g: http://host/servlet/get?p=1

Accessing the servlet from Tomcat standalone, everything works fine.
However, when using mod_jk (AJPv13) to access Tomcat from Apache, things
work well until after the server has been under heavy load.

Once the server has been loaded up, I start getting bizarre behaviour:
Apache will return the output of the *previous* servlet invocation.
Given the sequence:
    http://host/servlet/get?p=1
    http://host/servlet/get?p=2
the first request will return some old result and p=2 will return the
result expected from p=1.

>From my servlet logs, I know that the p=1 request reaches the servlet
and the right content is generated (and I can confirm this by accessing
the servlet directly on port 8080, by-passing Apache).  But Apache
resolutely returns the "old" content.

This feels like some kind of buffering problem - perhaps in mod_jk, or
maybe in Apache itself.  Has anyone else seen anything like this?  Any
suggestions on how I can diagnose the problem?

--
Andy Ormsby        andy.ormsby .at. lexicle.com

Re: mod_jk problems

Posted by Aaron Wald <wa...@walds.com>.
I've seen this problem in 3.3.m4...

I just upgraded to 3.3b1 on one box and haven't seen it yet, but haven't tested it as thoroughly.

I'm really interested in a work around?

In addition to this problem I occasionally get a jsp page that isn't processed returned.

I've seen this on two seperate m4 installs running different sets of code.

--aaron

Re: mod_jk problems

Posted by Jason Koeninger <jk...@jjcc.com>.