Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net> on 2003/03/26 15:20:47 UTC

XML Script in Rhino

 From http://dev2dev.bea.com/articles/Dietzen__Goland.jsp:
...BEA and its partners have submitted a reference implementation of the
XML Script technology now being standardized in ECMA to Mozilla's Rhino
project. XML Script is a new technology that makes XML a native data
type of JavaScript/ECMAScript...

Any comments?

Vadim

Re: XML Script in Rhino

Posted by Christopher Oliver <re...@verizon.net>.
Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>>  From http://dev2dev.bea.com/articles/Dietzen__Goland.jsp:
>> ...BEA and its partners have submitted a reference implementation of
>> the XML Script technology now being standardized in ECMA to Mozilla's
>> Rhino project. XML Script is a new technology that makes XML a native
>> data type of JavaScript/ECMAScript...
>

> I'm waiting to see what this really means, but I had news about it some
> time ago and indeed it was pretty cool even if a bit dangerous and abuse
> prone. It's good to see, however, that Bea is somehow choosing the open
> standard/open source (to some extent) way.
>
> This however raises an interesting issue about our Rhino version being
> heavily out of sync with the current one...
>
> Ciao,

As you can see from the attached message, BEA hasn't actually
contributed anything yet. There's nothing in mozilla cvs.

Regards,

Chris

Re: XML Script in Rhino

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.