Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by James Melton <jm...@home.com> on 2001/03/10 19:32:14 UTC

Beginning development.

Since I'm interested in working on the Xalan code, I looked up an arbitrary Bugzilla bug (668) related to floating point calculation errors.

It seems simple to fix this if all XObject types are changed from using doubles to BigDecimals (internal representation and interfaces). I think this will only impact the XPath objects.

Another approach is to control rounding during conversion to strings. This would hit fewer methods, but I would need to research further the right way to do it.

Can anyone offer some guidance? Does it even make sense to work on this bug?

Thanks,
Jim.