Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Anton Puzanov <an...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/26 06:23:42 UTC

Spark pools support on Yarn

Hi everyone,

Spark supports in application, job concurrency execution by using pools and
Spark's Fair scheduler (different than Yarn's Fair scheduler).
link:
https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/job-scheduling.html#scheduling-within-an-application

Is this feature supported when Yarn is used as a cluster manager? Are there
special configurations I have to set or common pitfalls I need to be aware
of?

Thanks,
Anton

Re: Spark pools support on Yarn

Posted by Prabhu Josephraj <pj...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Hi Anton,

       Spark Pools / Spark Fair Scheduler is scheduling the tasks within a
Spark Job. Each Spark job will have multiple stages and each stage will
have multiple tasks.
This is different from YARN Fair Scheduler which schedules the jobs
submitted to YARN Cluster. Spark Pools within a Spark Job will work on YARN
Cluster as well.

Thanks,
Prabhu Joseph