Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de> on 2007/05/01 13:17:34 UTC

Use Texen-1.0 for the generator

Hi,

I'd like to warn you that we will release (we already voted, tagged,
rolled and deployed it) Texen-1.0 shortly, which is a standalone
version of the Texen tool on which the Torque generator is based. I
know that you are in the process of releasing torque-3.3 and I want to
urge you to base it not on the embedded (org.apache.velocity.texen)
version but on the standalone (org.apache.texen). This is a 100%
identical (except for the package names) code base but we will
deprecate and remove the texen and anakia tools from the main velocity
jar in the future.

(Steps off his soap box) Thanks for listening. :-)

	Best regards
		Henning

--
Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- hps@intermeta.de | J2EE, Linux,               |gls
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540  | Apache person              |eau
                                                                            |m k
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH - RG Fuerth, HRB 7350     |a s
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Buckenhof. Geschaeftsfuehrer: Henning Schmiedehausen |n

	       "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."

Re: Use Texen-1.0 for the generator

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:
> I'd like to warn you that we will release (we already voted, tagged,
> rolled and deployed it) Texen-1.0 shortly, which is a standalone
> version of the Texen tool on which the Torque generator is based. I
> know that you are in the process of releasing torque-3.3 and I want to
> urge you to base it not on the embedded (org.apache.velocity.texen)
> version but on the standalone (org.apache.texen). This is a 100%
> identical (except for the package names) code base but we will
> deprecate and remove the texen and anakia tools from the main velocity
> jar in the future.

Ok, I'll take care of it. Right now.

Bye, Thomas.