Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Thomas Beale <th...@deepthought.com.au> on 2005/07/26 22:29:06 UTC

keyword substitution does not work?

Hi,

[platform = svn 1.2; server = debian; client = windows/TortoiseSVN 1.2.1]

I have svn:keywords set as follows in the config file on the client, for
each file extension where it makes sense:

*.c = svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords="LastChangedDate
LastChangedRevision URL"

which is what the book says to use...

In the Windows explorer, Properties reports that it is indeed set to:

"LastChangedDate LastChangedRevision URL"

(quotes included).

What I see in files that have had their keywords substituted is the
following:

	file:        "$URL$"
	revision:    "$LastChangedRevision: 1 $"
	last_change: "$LastChangedDate$"

Here, only the LastChangedRevision has been substituted.

Ideas anyone?

- thomas beale

Re: keyword substitution does not work?

Posted by Thomas Beale <Th...@OceanInformatics.biz>.
Miha Vitorovic wrote:

>As I've pointed out on this list a few times, svn has issues with parsing
>keyword values not delimited by spaces.
>
>Just change your keywords like this:
>
>*.c = svn:keywords=" LastChangedDate LastChangedRevision URL "
>
>and it will work.

Well I won't say what I think about that! Thanks for the info anyway (I
did actually do a search on the entire list for subject headings with
'keywords' and didn't see any posts that answered this question..

- thomas

Re: keyword substitution does not work?

Posted by Miha Vitorovic <mv...@nil.si>.
news <ne...@sea.gmane.org> wrote on 27.07.2005 00:29:06:

> [platform = svn 1.2; server = debian; client = windows/TortoiseSVN
1.2.1]

> I have svn:keywords set as follows in the config file on the client, for

> each file extension where it makes sense:
>
> *.c = svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords="LastChangedDate
> LastChangedRevision URL"
>
> which is what the book says to use...
>
> In the Windows explorer, Properties reports that it is indeed set to:
>
> "LastChangedDate LastChangedRevision URL"

As I've pointed out on this list a few times, svn has issues with parsing
keyword values not delimited by spaces.

Just change your keywords like this:

*.c = svn:keywords=" LastChangedDate LastChangedRevision URL "

and it will work.

Cheers,
---
  Miha Vitorovic
  Inženir v tehničnem področju
  Customer Support Engineer

   NIL Data Communications,  Tivolska cesta 48,  1000 Ljubljana,  Slovenia
   Phone +386 1 4746 500      Fax +386 1 4746 501     http://www.NIL.si