Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by SpliFF <sp...@warriorhut.org> on 2012/03/14 07:00:30 UTC

[users@httpd] CGI HTTPS variable not being set using AJP+Jetty

I recently switched from using a Caucho Resin backend (mod_caucho) to Jetty 7.2.2 via AJP for running Railo webapps
under Apache 2.2.19/Centos 5

An issue that has come up since the switch is that HTTPS sites no longer set the CGI scope variable 'https' to 'on' -
it's just an empty string. I'm not sure if this is a Jetty issue or Apache/AJP/Proxy related issue. My Apache SSL vhost
contains:

        RewriteEngine On

        # Proxy CFML files to Jetty
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} /[^/:]+\.cfml*$
        RewriteRule (.*) ajp://%{HTTP_HOST}:8009$1 [P,L]

        # Enable/Disable SSL for this virtual host.
        SSLEngine on

Any thoughts on what might be causing this issue?