Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Nirav Patel <np...@xactlycorp.com> on 2016/09/02 17:41:00 UTC

Spark web UI - Missing information

Hi,

I noticed that when job fails in particular stage many of the metrics are
missing for that stage that can help use to debug the issue.

1) Executor Ids are missing from "Aggregated Metrics by Executor". See
attachment

2) Duration is missing from "Task" metrics for FAILED task. This is for
task which failed due to Executor Lost failure. See attachment

3) In addition to Duration if we have 'Executor computing time' in Task
metrics that will also help to analyze the stage. I know its available in
Event Timeline but it's hard to find particular task there by its Task ID .
You have to literally hoover over task of executors to find which one I am
looking for. May be Search on Event Timeline might be a good improvement
too.

Thanks

--

[image: What's New with Xactly] <http://www.xactlycorp.com/email-click/>