Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chuck Amadi <ch...@breconbeacons.org> on 2002/02/25 11:27:43 UTC

org.xml.SAXParseException: The String"--"is not permitted within comments. Tomcat 4 Startup Problem

Hi there im now getting this error on startup.bat.

within comments
        org.xml.SAXParseException: The String"--"is not permitted within
comments.

1) Thus i have set up a basic servlet authentication. that has compiled
within Netbeans IDE.
2) Added  a resource protection declaration to the deployment descriptor
(web.xml)
3) Made addtion to <login-config> tag Thus used the Basic athentication
method for the dilaog box etc.
4) Created a Simple memory realm file ( bbnparealm.xml)

Thus i have checked out all my comment entries . Where do you think i
have made the mistake as i can't rin the startup Now!

<!-- BBNPA Memory Realm 22/02/02 -- >

        <Context path="/bbnpwardens" docBase="bbnpawardens" debug="0"
            reloadable = "true">
            <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.MemoryRealm"
            pathname="webapps/bbnpwardens/WEB-INF/bbnparealm.xml" />
        </Context>

Cheers ChuckmAmadi
Systems Programmer

Re: org.xml.SAXParseException: The String"--"is not permitted within comments. Tomcat 4 Startup Problem

Posted by Markus Spath <ms...@arcor.de>.
hi,

Chuck Amadi wrote

> Thus i have checked out all my comment entries . Where do you think i
> have made the mistake as i can't rin the startup Now!
>

> <!-- BBNPA Memory Realm 22/02/02 -- >

you didn't close the comment properly

>               <Context path="/bbnpwardens" docBase="bbnpawardens" debug="0"
>            reloadable = "true">
>            <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.MemoryRealm"
>            pathname="webapps/bbnpwardens/WEB-INF/bbnparealm.xml" />
>        </Context>

markus