Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/11 17:12:01 UTC

Apache NiFi 0.5.0-RC2 Release Vote Helper Guide

Shamelessly stolen from the template Joe has provided for previous releases
(Thanks, Joe!):

Team,

Here again is guidance to help those interested in
validating/verifying the release so they can vote.

# Download latest KEYS file:
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/nifi/KEYS

# Download the key used to sign the artifacts
  wget https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/tkurc.asc

# Import keys file:
  gpg --import KEYS

# Import Tony's artifact signing key
  gpg --import tkurc.asc

# [optional] Clear out local maven artifact repository

# Pull down nifi-0.5.0 source release artifacts for review:

  wget *https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenifi-1072/org/apache/nifi/nifi/0.5.0/nifi-0.5.0-source-release.zip
  wget *https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenifi-1072/org/apache/nifi/nifi/0.5.0/nifi-0.5.0-source-release.zip.asc

  wget *https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenifi-1072/org/apache/nifi/nifi/0.5.0/nifi-0.5.0-source-release.zip.md5
  wget *https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenifi-1072/org/apache/nifi/nifi/0.5.0/nifi-0.5.0-source-release.zip.sha1
<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenifi-1072/org/apache/nifi/nifi/0.5.0/nifi-0.5.0-source-release.zip.sha1>*

# Verify the signature
  gpg --verify nifi-0.5.0-source-release.zip.asc

# Verify the hashes (md5 and sha1) match the source and what was
provided in the vote email thread
  md5sum nifi-0.5.0-source-release.zip
  sha1sum nifi-0.5.0-source-release.zip

# Unzip nifi-0.5.0-source-release.zip

# Verify the git commit ID is correct and inspect for differences
git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/nifi.git
git -C nifi checkout <git commit ID from the email>
diff --brief -r nifi-0.5.0 nifi

# Verify the build works including release audit tool (RAT) checks and the
introduced Groovy unit tests
  cd nifi-0.5.0-source-release.zip
  mvn clean install -Pcontrib-check,groovy-unit-test

# Verify the contents contain a good README, NOTICE, and LICENSE.

# Look at the resulting convenience binary as found in nifi-assembly/target

# Make sure the README, LICENSE, NOTICE are present and correct

# Run the resulting convenience binary and make sure it works as expected

# Send a response to the vote thread indicating a +1, 0, -1 based on
your findings.

A much wordier version of this is here
https://nifi.apache.org/release-guide.html

And thanks again to all for your help in validating the RC!

Re: Apache NiFi 0.5.0-RC2 Release Vote Helper Guide

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
And I see I am terrible at mail rules and have duplicated the effort.
Apologies!