Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/08 02:55:47 UTC

Re: [users@httpd]

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 6:48 PM, <zs...@roadrunner.com> wrote:

> I am using mod_fcgid with apache 2.4. Is there a FastCgiConfig equivalent
> or a way that I can get the same result as if I set the –flush option on
> FastCgiConfig in a mod_fastcgi application. I need to send custom headers
> from my application. Put another way I want to send the equivalent of a cgi
> nph-file.

NPH CGI is significantly different than just -flush AFAICT.

mod_fastcgi's -flush says to flush to the network as data is read.

For mod_fcgid, see
http://httpd.apache.org/mod_fcgid/mod/mod_fcgid.html#fcgidoutputbuffersize.
 Set that directive to a small value, and mod_fcgid will also flush as it
reads data.

NPH is something else in addition to no buffering -- the script creates the
entire HTTP response. mod_fastcgi's -flush option doesn't circumvent the
normal protocol handling of the core server, specifically building of a
proper HTTP response.

Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/

Re: [users@httpd]

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 7:12 AM, <zs...@roadrunner.com> wrote:

> ---- Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 6:48 PM, <zs...@roadrunner.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I am using mod_fcgid with apache 2.4. Is there a FastCgiConfig
> equivalent
> > > or a way that I can get the same result as if I set the –flush option
> on
> > > FastCgiConfig in a mod_fastcgi application. I need to send custom
> headers
> > > from my application. Put another way I want to send the equivalent of
> a cgi
> > > nph-file.
> > >

> > NPH CGI is significantly different than just -flush AFAICT.
> >
> > mod_fastcgi's -flush says to flush to the network as data is read.
> >
> > For mod_fcgid, see
> >
> http://httpd.apache.org/mod_fcgid/mod/mod_fcgid.html#fcgidoutputbuffersize
> .
> >  Set that directive to a small value, and mod_fcgid will also flush as it
> > reads data.
> >
> > NPH is something else in addition to no buffering -- the script creates
> the
> > entire HTTP response. mod_fastcgi's -flush option doesn't circumvent the
> > normal protocol handling of the core server, specifically building of a
> > proper HTTP response.

> > --
> > Born in Roswell... married an alien...
> > http://emptyhammock.com/
> Thank-You for your reply. How can I implement an authorizer role , for
> example, without sending back the headers from the script? When I try to
> send a suitable header  the server’s response blocks the header that I am
> attempting to send from the script. I already had the FcgidOutputBufferSize
> set to zero.
>
> Zoltan

I'm not sure.  Can you post a sample, complete response from your
authorizer?

--

Posted by zs...@roadrunner.com.