Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Bhargav Golla <bh...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/02 21:26:49 UTC

[GSoC] Studying Spiro for ISIS JS Viewer

Mailing on dev. Please find replies inline.
On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 12:35 AM, Dan Haywood
<da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>wrote:

> Hi Bhargav,
> Thanks for setting this up.  Looking at your stories for sprint #1, I'd
> skip S2 (the login page) and move on to S3, list of services.  Reason I say
> this is that we know that it's not difficult to put up a login page, so
> instead we should focus on where the risk and maximum learnings are.

Agree with you. But since Login page is also something which is basic part
of app, I think it would be better if I put one for now, atleast a dummy
one with values of URL, Username and Password hard-coded. Updated the
priority of it to Low in the product backlog sheet.[1]

> I remember asking you to look at Spiro; I think this could do a lot of the
> heavy lifting for your app (ie the applib layer).  Have you looked into it
> yet?

I agree that Spiro can help me in structuring my code. I have previously
looked into it and also tried setting it up on my localbox during Community
Bonding Period. But, I shared the CORS issue popping up in case of using it
as explained here[2]. I am able to work with it by running it on VS though.
I will go through the Spiro code again and will reuse most of the code
which I think can help me with this viewer.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am0cSrqlEKQUdDBFcHVITE1HNTVLQWl2LVBJVzFnTVE&usp=sharing
[2] https://github.com/NakedObjectsGroup/spiro/wiki