Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by ZKN __ <zk...@abv.bg> on 2012/08/20 10:47:42 UTC

page instances to particular threads

Hi,
this is from the tapestry documentation "By reserving page instances to particular threads, all the difficult, ...".

Does it mean that a page is bound to a thread and it will always get executed by the same thread? Also does it mean that this thread will not execute any other type of requests?
I'm asking because the project I recently joined has a bit of a weird JPA EntityManager initialization and this might be causing some problems we have.
We are using Tapestry 5.1.0.5

Thanks,
Özkan

Re: page instances to particular threads

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 05:47:42 -0300, ZKN __ <zk...@abv.bg> wrote:

> Hi,

Hi!

> this is from the tapestry documentation "By reserving page instances to
> particular threads, all the difficult, ...".
> Does it mean that a page is bound to a thread and it will always get
> executed by the same thread?

Nope. Page instances in Tapestry 5.1 are pooled, so they can be used in
later threads.

> Also does it mean that this thread will not execute any other type of
> requests?

That's how the Servlet API works.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo

Re: page instances to particular threads

Posted by zkn <zk...@abv.bg>.
Thanks,

I was sure it has to be that way. Otherwise it wouldn't make much sense. But looking at the current code I thought I could be missing something.

I read about the changes in 5.2 and 5.3 but for the moment cleaning up the code is a priority.

Thanks again,

Özkan

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.
Hi Özkan,