Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Xingqun Jiang <xj...@cornell.edu> on 2003/08/25 22:16:27 UTC

JSP vs C#/.NET

Hi,

I am a pure java supporter. I don't like C# or .Net because of Microsoft's monopolization (sorry, kind of prejudice). However, I notice that more and more people pick up C#/.NET due to their new advantages. I also heard that C# is much faster than Java. My concern is, can Java/JSP still be competitive to Microsoft's products? I don't like to see java be beaten by Microsoft since it borrowed so many ideas from java to make up the so-called "C#".

ok, feel free to talk about this topic.

Lance

Re: [ot] Re: JSP vs C#/.NET

Posted by rufio <ru...@op.pl>.
on Mon, 25 Aug 2003 20:26:50 -0400 Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org> wrote:

> Please don't start a flame war. Please do that in Usenet.
>
> This group is for solving tomcat problems, not discussing the merits
> of one technology over another.

Oh, so Usenet is for flame wars now?

Thanx
Rufio, the Usenet user

To Xingqun: don't ask such questions on java nor ms releated groups.

--
nmap -sS -O -p80,81 www.microsoft.com
[..]

[ot] Re: JSP vs C#/.NET

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
Please don't start a flame war. Please do that in Usenet.

This group is for solving tomcat problems, not discussing the merits of one
technology over another.

-Tim

cleaning up sessions ...

Posted by Mufaddal Khumri <mu...@wmotion.com>.
I have got a ServletContextListener that does initialization and
cleanup for my webapp. I was wondering if there was a way to invalidate
all sessions to my webapp in this Listener ? If not, in what way can I
invalidate all sessions when i start / reload my webapp ?

Thanks

cleaning up sessions ...

Re: JSP vs C#/.NET

Posted by Marco Tedone <mt...@jemos.org>.
I would ask: can .NET stay competitive with Java/JSP?

Marco

RE: JSP vs C#/.NET

Posted by Jerry Birchler <jr...@comcast.net>.
M$ thinks they can take on the US justice department and doesn't mind
offshoring jobs from the US. I'd say that the eventual backlash of that
political reality will hurt them if the majority of American people believe
that can they elect people who will represent them--That could be a stretch.

Otherwise, .Net will take hold and dominate, especially if Sun Microsystems
and IBM does nothing to improve the performance of the virtual machine, and
the US Congress does nothing to protect its citizens from the exploits of
globalization. Oddly enough, the few IT jobs I see in America these days are
both .Net and Java.

I love Java, but I am willing to learn .Net as means to survive a hostile
market. In fact, I have already written my share of C# and VB.NET. It makes
me sick, but I'm not going to obselete myself. Let's just hope that the US
government goes after Linux for the obvious reasons and that this push
results in the advances that us Java lovers  would all benefit from.

Re: JSP vs C#/.NET

Posted by Xingqun Jiang <xj...@cornell.edu>.
Sorry, guys,