Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org> on 2004/12/15 00:16:53 UTC

new sandbox projects

Hey, folks!

Over at cocoon we have some code that might be worth
sharing on jakarta commons. So I was wondering
if the sandbox is open to any committer or only to
jakarta committers? (which I am not) I heard
different stories...

I factored out our javaflow (java continuations)
implementation and a java compiler interface (jci)
featuring a compiling classloader.

Any opinions on hosting that at jakarta commons?
Or should we keep that stuff under our umbrella?

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: new sandbox projects

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
>> Any voting needed for the sandbox components?
>

> To get in to the Sanbox, no. To get out again, to Commons Proper, yes. ;-)

ok :-)

>> Otherwise it would be great if I could get
>> access to the sandbox so I can move the stuff
>> over.
>

> I'll make a request to have you added to the jakarta group.

great! thanks, Martin

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: new sandbox projects

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Torsten Curdt wrote:

>>> Any Apache committer can have sandbox karma just for the asking.
>>

>> The only complication is that the committer will need to get the jakarta
>> unix group, so it'll take us a little bit longer to add karma.
>
> Any voting needed for the sandbox components?

To get in to the Sanbox, no. To get out again, to Commons Proper, yes. ;-)

> Otherwise it would be great if I could get
> access to the sandbox so I can move the stuff
> over.

I'll make a request to have you added to the jakarta group.

--
Martin Cooper

Re: new sandbox projects

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
I'll give it a +1. That's two :)

Perhaps should take this over to the commons-dev list though?

- Brett

Re: new sandbox projects

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.

Re: new sandbox projects

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@gmail.com>.
Done.

Craig

Re: new sandbox projects

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.

Re: new sandbox projects

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

Re: new sandbox projects

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> Hey, folks!

Hey Torsten,

> Over at cocoon we have some code that might be worth
> sharing on jakarta commons. So I was wondering
> if the sandbox is open to any committer or only to
> jakarta committers? (which I am not) I heard
> different stories...

Any Apache committer can have sandbox karma just for the asking.

> I factored out our javaflow (java continuations)
> implementation and a java compiler interface (jci)
> featuring a compiling classloader.
>
> Any opinions on hosting that at jakarta commons?
> Or should we keep that stuff under our umbrella?

These sound good to me. I would be +1 for having these in the Commons
sandbox.

--
Martin Cooper

Re: new sandbox projects