Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wei Feng Niu <we...@oracle.com> on 2015/08/14 17:16:02 UTC

Ant task "artifact.dependencies" creates large number of threads

Hi,

We use <artifact.dependencies> Ant task in our Ant scripts. But found several new threads were created and never existed each time <artifact.dependencies> was invoked. So after running some Ant scripts, we encountered the limitation of “max user processes” on Linux, and got exception like the following:

Exception in thread "pool-79-thread-4" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread

         at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)

         at java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:714)

       at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.addWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:950)

       at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.processWorkerExit(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1018)

       at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1160)

       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

--------------------------------------

Below and attached is the screenshot (not sure whether this maillist support image or attachment) of jconsole connecting to Ant process after running our Ant scripts for a while. There are over 100 threads and the thread count keeps increasing. There isn’t such issue without using <artifact.dependencies> Ant task.

Is there any way to make the threads be released?

threads.jpg

Best regards,

-Weifeng

RE: Ant task "artifact.dependencies" creates large number of threads

Posted by Wei Feng Niu <we...@oracle.com>.
Hervé,
Thanks for your quick response. Just found an issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MANTTASKS-213 seems similar to the issue I encountered. Will check if the solution in the issue works for us

Best regards,