Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Rich Johns <rj...@vignette.com> on 2000/08/18 00:46:24 UTC

same HttpSession on successive calls

My client is a java program. I make 2 successive
Call.invoke()'s and would like the service provider at the
other end to see the same HttpSession for each call. It doesn't. I suspect
that My client app needs to handle cookies and somehow
pass the sessionId back in the header of the 2nd Call.invoke().

Is there already a way to do this?

In general, how does a java app client, using the Call mechanism,
establish the notion of a session for a series of soap calls?

thanks.

Re: same HttpSession on successive calls

Posted by George I Matkovits <ma...@uswest.net>.
You must use http V1.1 and NOT http V1.0. JSOAP and standalone Tomcat are are
currently using http V1.0. When you use a Apache/Tomcat combination then
Apache will negotiate for a V1.1 keep-alive connection with your client when
you are using a URL (and NOT a socket connection like JSOAP) I am doing just
that with my SSL extension of JSOAP. Now all https connections will be
keep-alive. Otherwise in an application like the Calculator every connection
would have to be re negotiated  for PKI key exchange with its horrible
overhead!  I have my extensions (slight) working on a Linux/Apache/Tomcat
combination and will post it here ASAP.
Regards - George

Posted by George I Matkovits <ma...@uswest.net>.