Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2005/09/01 16:09:46 UTC

Re: Maven, Gump and Blocks

Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Studied the question a little bit more. There is a Maven1 plugin for
> creating gump.xml from POMs
> http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/gump/, no port to m2 yet
> though. The plugin is written in Jelly while m2 plugins are written in
> Java so it takes some work to port it.

According to the maven plugin matrix, a gump module is not planned for
m2 - the maven advice is to use continuum....
I think gump is a great thing and it helps a lot, but I think also that
getting gump using m2 projects is not our concern. This is something the
maven and gump guys can do.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/

Re: Maven, Gump and Blocks

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Now, we could for example use continuum - whatever that means...
> But perhaps pushing gump and maven a little bit could help.

http://wiki.apache.org/gump/GumpAndMaven

            - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Maven, Gump and Blocks

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> Why is that, I thought the Maven community had stopped being against Gump.

Don't ask me, ask the maven community :) I just looked at this:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Maven+Plugin+Matrix

Re: Maven, Gump and Blocks

Posted by Daniel Fagerstrom <da...@nada.kth.se>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>

>>Studied the question a little bit more. There is a Maven1 plugin for
>>creating gump.xml from POMs
>>http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/gump/, no port to m2 yet
>>though. The plugin is written in Jelly while m2 plugins are written in
>>Java so it takes some work to port it.
>>

>According to the maven plugin matrix, a gump module is not planned for
>m2 - the maven advice is to use continuum....

Why is that, I thought the Maven community had stopped being against Gump.

>I think gump is a great thing and it helps a lot, but I think also that
>getting gump using m2 projects is not our concern.

I would like to agree, but it seem to imply that we are going to mean
that we will be without continuous integration until someone else takes
care about it. I doubt that we can afford that in the long term.

>This is something the
>maven and gump guys can do.

Your answer above seem to indicate that the Maven guys not are going to
do it, are there any plans for m2 support from the Gump camp?

/Daniel