Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ciphe <ci...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/13 12:29:55 UTC

Accessing peer certificates of SSL in tomcat

Hi,

I have setup tomcat to be accessible through SSL, both client and
server authenticate each other. (i.e. Client must present a certificate to
server and vice versa, much like what is described in this link -
http://java-notes.com/index.php/two-way-ssl-on-tomcat).

Now, I'd like to access the certificate presented by client inside a
servlet. Any ideas how it can be done?

Thanks.

Re: Accessing peer certificates of SSL in tomcat

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 13/01/2012 12:03, ciphe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have setup tomcat to be accessible through SSL, both client and
> server authenticate each other. (i.e. Client must present a certificate to
> server and vice versa, much like what is described in this link -
> http://java-notes.com/index.php/two-way-ssl-on-tomcat).
>
> Now, I'd like to access the certificate presented by client inside a
> servlet. Any ideas how it can be done?

Did you mean to send two copies of this email?

Have you read the relevant sections of the appropriate version of the
Servlet Spec?  (You didn't say which version of Tomcat, so I'll guess
6.0.x) See: SRV.3.7

You may also benefit from reading:

and

 http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/ssl-howto.html

[key:62590808]

Accessing peer certificates of SSL in tomcat