Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Smith, Corey" <cs...@emhrhs.org> on 2007/04/11 15:47:42 UTC

Question on setting up LDAP...

    Hello and how is it? I was wondering if anyone has had success in
setting up LDAP to work with their Tomcat Web applications? Thanks :)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by e-mail at the address shown. This e-mail transmission may contain confidential information. This information is only for the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom it is intended even if addressed incorrectly. Please delete it from your files if you are not the intended recipient. Thank you for your compliance.

RE: Question on setting up LDAP...

Posted by "Smith, Corey" <cs...@emhrhs.org>.
	Hello and how are things? Well I am convinced that having to
type in the domain in front of my user name is causing the Invalid
escape sequence error in the web apps log. I guess my question is how
can I either remove that domain\ in front of my username before the
realm searches for the uid or is this a bug with the parsing JNDIREALM?
Thanks :)

	-->

Corey R. Smith

Posted by "Smith, Corey" <cs...@emhrhs.org>.
	Here is my realm I am using in my server.xml file and the web
apps xml file

	<!--
		 <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm"
            	  debug="99"
	              connectionURL="ldap://MainDC1.Mydomain.com"
	              roleBase="ou=Global Security Groups,ou=All
Groups,dc=Mydomain,dc=com"
		        roleName="cn"
    		        roleSearch="(uniqueMember={0})"
      		  roleSubtree="True"
    		     	  userBase="ou=Company Users,ou=All
Users,dc=Mydomain,dc=com"
    		     	  userSearch="(uid={0})"
     		     	/>

	-->

Corey R. Smith
Information Systems
System Analyst/Programmer
EMH Regional Healthcare System
Office: (440) 326-5228
Pager: (440) 758-6541
Cell:    (440) 315-4812
Fax:    (440) 329-7792
Visit our web site: http://www.emh-healthcare.org

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Corey-

In server.xml can we see your realm spec for LDAP?
(do a search for ldap in server.xml and you should see something like
connectionURL=ldap://ldap.computerName:Port)

M--

I want to clarify this email a little more. I believe the issue
is the userSearch. Because when I try to connect to my webapp I need to
type in mydomain\username to authenticate against the active directory.
My web app is going to be running on my web server so how to do I get
the filter to find my username and not look for the mydomain\username in
the userBase/UserSearch path? :)

Posted by "Smith, Corey" <cs...@emhrhs.org>.
	Hello and thanks for the help. However, now I am receiving this
error in my log

javax.naming.InvalidNameException: cn=domain\uname,ou=Th
Users,ou=Building Users,dc=domain,dc=xxx: [LDAP: error code 34 -
0000208F: NameErr: DSID-031001AA, problem 2006 (BAD_NAME), data 8349,
best match of:

Ideas?

Corey R. Smith
Information Systems
System Analyst/Programmer
EMH Regional Healthcare System
Office: (440) 326-5228
Pager: (440) 758-6541
Cell:    (440) 315-4812
Fax:    (440) 329-7792
Visit our web site: http://www.emh-healthcare.org

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by e-mail at the address shown. This e-mail transmission may contain confidential information. This information is only for the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom it is intended even if addressed incorrectly. Please delete it from your files if you are not the intended recipient. Thank you for your compliance.

RE: Question on setting up LDAP...

Posted by Sc...@BC.com.
Yeah we use it successfully.  We've got the following in our server.xml
in the <Engine> tag:

           <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm"
              debug="99"
              connectionName="uid=xxx,ou=xxx,dc=bc,dc=com"
              connectionPassword="xxx"
              connectionURL="ldap://ldapname.bc.com"
              roleBase="ou=xxx,dc=bc,dc=com"
              roleName="cn"