Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Maarten van den Dungen <ma...@shortcut.nl> on 2000/09/24 20:37:13 UTC

Basic question on including other pages

Dear all,

Currently I am studying the documentation on Cocoon for a project we have
to do. I like it a lot, but somehow I can't find out how to include other
pages in an xslt-form at the point where the reference is situated in the
xslt. In jsp there is a jsp:include tag which does just that, e.g. to
insert the content in a table cell. I imagine in Cocoon there is a similar
construct which would take an xslt and an xml and put the formated content
in its place. I have a feeling this should be really easy, or am I missing
the point? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

regards,
Maarten

Re: [Cocoon Users] Basic question on including other pages

Posted by "T.Pospisek's MailLists" <tp...@spin.ch>.
I just got it working with:

<xsl:whatever select="document('http://localhost/hello.inc')"/>

"whatever" can be "value-of" or "variable" or "apply-templates" etc.

alternatively you can also use "<xinclude:..." or use "<xsp:...". I have
not tried that out yet, since the example above matches exactly what I
need, but you should find examples of how to accomplish it by searching
this mailing list. Please make sure you are using the newest version of
cocoon - I have been sweating blood to make it work under cocoon1.5 that
comes with debian only to find that it's aparently a limitation of that
version.

If you find some nice little example of how to accomplish your task with
xinclude or xsp:... then please contact me. This seems to be a FAQ and we
might as well contribute it to the FAQ.

*t

PS: Who is maintainig the web-pages of cocoon? The references to the
    mailarchives are quite a mess that would be very nice to clean up to
    a consistent state -  it would make life for newbies a lot easier...

             Tomas Pospisek
	     Tel: +41 (81) 330 77 11