Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/13 00:50:15 UTC

Re: svn commit: r907390 - in /tomcat/site/trunk: docs/whoweare.html xdocs/whoweare.xml

2010/2/11 Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>:
> On 07/02/2010 07:33, timw@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: timw
>> Date: Sun Feb  7 07:33:25 2010
>> New Revision: 907390

>> Log:
>> Adding timw to committers list.
>
> Tim when you did svn up on people.a.o you didn't set your umask first.
> You are now the only person that can modify this file. Please can you do
> a chmod g+w on that file so anyone in the Tomcat group can update it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark

SVN ignores those permissions.  I just updated that file (in r909660)
and it just let me to do so, regardless of -rw-r--r-- mode of it.
Note, that the .svn/entries file even has -r--r--r-- on it, but is
updated by svn.

Still, having
umask 002
in your .profile  is recommended.

Mark, please update the group owner for the  tomcat-5.5-doc symlink.
It is owned by your private group (markt) right now.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: svn commit: r907390 - in /tomcat/site/trunk: docs/whoweare.html xdocs/whoweare.xml

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 12/02/2010 23:50, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
> 2010/2/11 Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>:
>> On 07/02/2010 07:33, timw@apache.org wrote:
>>> Author: timw
>>> Date: Sun Feb  7 07:33:25 2010
>>> New Revision: 907390

>>> Log:
>>> Adding timw to committers list.
>>
>> Tim when you did svn up on people.a.o you didn't set your umask first.
>> You are now the only person that can modify this file. Please can you do
>> a chmod g+w on that file so anyone in the Tomcat group can update it.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Mark
>>

> SVN ignores those permissions.  I just updated that file (in r909660)
> and it just let me to do so, regardless of -rw-r--r-- mode of it.
> Note, that the .svn/entries file even has -r--r--r-- on it, but is
> updated by svn.

Hmm. Odd. I wonder if the directory level permissions are essentially
allowing a delete followed by creating a new file? Anyway, as log as it
works - that is the main thing.

> Still, having
> umask 002
> in your .profile  is recommended.

+1.  Not setting umask has certainly caused issues in the past.

> Mark, please update the group owner for the  tomcat-5.5-doc symlink.
> It is owned by your private group (markt) right now.

Odd. chgrp doesn't have an affect but deleting and re-creating works.
Anyway, this too is fixed.

Mark