Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "hv @ Fashion Content" <in...@fashioncontent.com> on 2005/11/14 21:32:10 UTC

Create ASO per request from Request Attributes

In my tapestry 3 application I have a servlet filter and an engine service
that are attach three objects to the request as Servlet Request attributes.
As I understand it I could have an ASO on which I set these three as
properties, but I would need a scope of only the request.

How would I do this. Just create the ASO with some special scope define. Or
also create a service for retrieving the ASO ?

Henrik

Re: Create ASO per request from Request Attributes

Posted by "hv @ Fashion Content" <in...@fashioncontent.com>.
Good one for reminding me to check <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup> :-)

The other part involves parsing the context attributes to find all instances
of tapestry application servlets. Hardcoding the servlet name isn't really
something I want to do.

Posted by Ron Piterman <rp...@gmx.net>.

Posted by "hv @ Fashion Content" <in...@fashioncontent.com>.

Posted by Ron Piterman <rp...@gmx.net>.

Posted by "hv @ Fashion Content" <in...@fashioncontent.com>.

Posted by Patrick Casey <pa...@adelphia.net>.
	Couldn't you just set three threadlocals in your filter and then
access them through your ASO? That way you'd short-circuit the problem of
having to pass them around.

	--- Pat