Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by mroosendaal <mr...@sogyo.nl> on 2001/06/12 14:16:27 UTC

warning?

Hi,

I've created a simple class (action) which reads and prints (System.out.println) the values. But when i look at the log i get the following message:

[Tue Jun 12 14:04:11 CEST 2001] -- WARN -- IDBroker is being used with db: default
 which does not support transactions.  It is possible to
 generate duplicate keys, if multiple JVM's are used or other
 means are used to write to the database.
[Tue Jun 12 14:04:47 CEST 2001] -- INFO -- Initializing service (late): UploadService

I'm not really sure what that means. I'm not writing to a database or anything. Here's the core code:
public class EJBTest extends SecureAction
{
    public void doEJBTest(RunData data, Context context)
        throws Exception
    {
         String name = data.getParameters().getString("name");
         String productID = data.getParameters().getString("productid");
         String description = data.getParameters().getString("description");
         String basePrice = data.getParameters().getString("baseprice");
         System.out.println(name);
         System.out.println(productID);
         System.out.println(description);
         System.out.println(basePrice);
    }

Has someone stumbled across this problem or has an answer?

Thanks,
Maarten

Re: warning?

Posted by Leon Messerschmidt <le...@opticode.co.za>.
>Hi,
>
>I've created a simple class (action) which reads and prints
(System.out.println) the values. But when i look at the >log i get the
following message:

>[Tue Jun 12 14:04:11 CEST 2001] -- WARN -- IDBroker is being used with db:
default
> which does not support transactions.  It is possible to
> generate duplicate keys, if multiple JVM's are used or other
> means are used to write to the database.
>[Tue Jun 12 14:04:47 CEST 2001] -- INFO -- Initializing service (late):
UploadService

It simply means that the database which your are using does not support
transactions.  Your app won't be affected by this if you only use _one_
application to access the database.  The warning is just a reminder to you
that if you have multiple apps running of the same database that you might
encounter a problem.

~ Leon