Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org> on 2019/12/31 08:40:58 UTC

Next core beta

Folks,

is there anything open for the next core 5 beta? If not, Oleg would you
do the honors and start the release process?

thank you,

Michael

Re: Next core beta

Posted by Ryan Schmitt <rs...@apache.org>.
It looks like we already have logic from the Apache 4 integration that will
handle consecutive slashes:

https://github.com/aws/aws-sdk-java-v2/blob/2a303333f2b349209918a857a860266bb46102c2/http-clients/apache-client/src/main/java/software/amazon/awssdk/http/apache/internal/impl/ApacheHttpRequestFactory.java#L64-L75

To be honest, I don't have a very deep understanding of what all the fuss
was about last time around, and I still need to investigate and test this
when I get back in the office tomorrow.

Re: Next core beta

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@ok2consulting.com>.

Re: Next core beta

Posted by Ryan Schmitt <rs...@apache.org>.

Re: Next core beta

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.

Re: Next core beta

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.
I can't find it either. It was about restoring the previous behavior by
calling RequestConfig, as far as I remember.

I will keep looking and pass the link.

Re: Next core beta

Posted by Ryan Schmitt <rs...@apache.org>.

Re: Next core beta

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.

Re: Next core beta

Posted by Ryan Schmitt <rs...@apache.org>.

Re: Next core beta

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2019-12-31 at 18:51 +0100, Michael Osipov wrote:
> Am 2019-12-31 um 17:55 schrieb Oleg Kalnichevski:
> > On Tue, 2019-12-31 at 11:10 -0500, Gary Gregory wrote:
> > > Micheal and all:
> > >
> > > - https://github.com/apache/httpcomponents-client/pull/194
> > > followed
> > > by
> > > - https://github.com/apache/httpcomponents-client/pull/195
> > >
> > > Gary
> > >

> > That should not block HttpCore release, should it?
> >
> > Is there anything left blocking HttpCore? There will still be time
> > work on HttpClient in the meantime.
>
> I don't think so. I am still looking into StandardFilters. as far as
> understand, this is the same as ChainElement in HttpClient?

Yes, it is, just server-side.

If yes, it
> indicates specific position in the chain rather than a specific
> filter,
> doesn't it?

It is serves exactly the same purpose as ChainElement in HttpClient.

Oleg

Re: Next core beta

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.
Am 2019-12-31 um 17:55 schrieb Oleg Kalnichevski:
> On Tue, 2019-12-31 at 11:10 -0500, Gary Gregory wrote:
>> Micheal and all:
>>
>> - https://github.com/apache/httpcomponents-client/pull/194 followed
>> by
>> - https://github.com/apache/httpcomponents-client/pull/195
>>
>> Gary
>>

> That should not block HttpCore release, should it?
>
> Is there anything left blocking HttpCore? There will still be time to
> work on HttpClient in the meantime.

I don't think so. I am still looking into StandardFilters. as far as I
understand, this is the same as ChainElement in HttpClient? If yes, it

Re: Next core beta

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 11:55 AM Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2019-12-31 at 11:10 -0500, Gary Gregory wrote:
> > Micheal and all:
> >
> > - https://github.com/apache/httpcomponents-client/pull/194 followed
> > by
> > - https://github.com/apache/httpcomponents-client/pull/195
> >
> > Gary
> >

> That should not block HttpCore release, should it?

These PRs are simple and straightforward, there is no reason to omit these
from my POV.

IMO changes b/w the last Beta and GA should not contain binary
compatibility breaks, only little tweaks, giving the impression that the
API is fully baked, but, that's just a wish from me.

Re: Next core beta

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Re: Next core beta

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Micheal and all:

Re: Next core beta

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Re: Next core beta

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.
Am 2019-12-31 um 10:52 schrieb Oleg Kalnichevski:
> On Tue, 2019-12-31 at 09:40 +0100, Michael Osipov wrote:
>> Folks,
>>
>> is there anything open for the next core 5 beta? If not, Oleg would
>> you
>> do the honors and start the release process?
>>
>> thank you,
>>
>> Michael
>
> Will do tomorrow as soon as I get a nod from Ryan and Gary.
>
> You might want to rename `StandardFilters` to `StandardFilter` in core,
> though. It got overlooked I suppose.

Oh yes, thanks. I missed that one competely!

Re: Next core beta

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.