Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by Michael Mitiaguin <mi...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/23 04:55:01 UTC

Lucene.Net.2.0 build 003 "final"

I checked it out  using tortoiseSVN ( I presume , it does exist only
in Subversion repository ? )
Just wondering why solution still in VS2003 format , my understanding
this version uses specific Net 2 features (  built-in compression  and
etc... )
Also there are warnings about deprecated and obsolete methods . Any
plans to get rid of them ?

Warning	23	'System.Threading.Thread.Resume()' is obsolete:
'Thread.Resume has been deprecated.  Please use other classes in
System.Threading, such as Monitor, Mutex, Event, and Semaphore, to
synchronize Threads or protect resources.
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=14202'	Z:\Lucene\Net2\Lucene.Net\SupportClass.cs	218	13	Lucene.Net-2.0.0
Warning	24	'System.Threading.Thread.Suspend()' is obsolete:
'Thread.Suspend has been deprecated.  Please use other classes in
System.Threading, such as Monitor, Mutex, Event, and Semaphore, to
synchronize Threads or protect resources.
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=14202'	Z:\Lucene\Net2\Lucene.Net\SupportClass.cs	251	13	Lucene.Net-2.0.0
Warning	25	'System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings' is
obsolete: 'This method is obsolete, it has been replaced by
System.Configuration!System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings'	Z:\Lucene\Net2\Lucene.Net\SupportClass.cs	619	38	Lucene.Net-2.0.0
Warning	26	'System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings' is
obsolete: 'This method is obsolete, it has been replaced by
System.Configuration!System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings'	Z:\Lucene\Net2\Lucene.Net\SupportClass.cs	635	38	Lucene.Net-2.0.0
Warning	38	'System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfiguration.Configure(string)'
is obsolete: 'Use
System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfiguration.Configure(string
fileName, bool ensureSecurity)
instead.'	Z:\Lucene\Net2\Lucene.Net\Search\RemoteSearchable.cs	100	4	Lucene.Net-2.0.0
Warning	39	'System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.IChannel)'
is obsolete: 'Use
System.Runtime.Remoting.ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(IChannel chnl,
bool ensureSecurity)
instead.'	Z:\Lucene\Net2\Lucene.Net\Search\RemoteSearchable.cs	101	4	Lucene.Net-2.0.0

Warnings about variables never used are much less importance and
probably cannot  be eradicated due porting JavaCC generated code.
Or 0 warnings is achievable at some stage ?

TIA
Michael

RE: Lucene.Net.2.0 build 003 "final"

Posted by George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net>.
Hi Michael,

Yes, all changes in Java Lucene CHANGES.txt are also in Lucene.Net.  Any
changes specific to Lucene.Net are in HISTORY.txt.

Regards,

-- George Aroush

Posted by Michael Mitiaguin <mi...@gmail.com>.