Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kaplan <da...@disney.com> on 2015/03/06 03:52:37 UTC

Does the CXF Rest Client use connection pooling?

When I google, I see evidence that the CXF Rest Client uses connection
pooling by default, but I'm not sure how to prove that. My sources are very
old and I can't tell if it applies to cxfrs or just the web services. I
can't tell if it's using HttpUrlConnection, HttpConduit, or Apache
HttpComponents. Etc.

This is my maven dependency:

    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
        <artifactId>cxf-rt-rs-client</artifactId>
        <version>3.0.3</version>
    </dependency>

Does the CXF Rest Client use connection pooling by default? If so, is there
a way to adjust the settings?

Re: Does the CXF Rest Client use connection pooling?

Posted by Ulhas Bhole <ap...@gmail.com>.
Hi Daniel,
As far as I can see from my sources for 3.0.1 and which may not have change
much, cxf jax-rs client configuration uses HTTPConduit which in turn uses
HTTP urlConnection for normal client and http commons client for async
client.

So connection pooling if any might be at JVM level and not at cxf level for
urlConnection.

Regards,

Ulhas Bhole