Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Nico Seessle <ni...@seessle.de> on 2000/09/07 09:01:41 UTC

[NEW] Exit-Task (was: Re: Fail task)

If everybody can live with the name exit you can use the one I wrote some
days ago. It's named exit because in the first Version it just did
System.exit(1) in execute, now it throws a BuildException using a message if
it was given one or "no message" if not.

You can rename it to (fail|abort|break|error|<your name here>) if you think
it should have a better name :-)

I have not included a patch for
/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/defaults.properties - should I do so if
submitting new Tasks?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.
You might have noticed, I've named it <fail>, as this is closer to
what it actually does (exit doesn't imply that anything went wrong for
me).

 NS> I had other entries in my defaults.properties (for some tasks I'm
 NS> just writing but which are not finished), so I had to remove
 NS> their entries to get the "correct" patch from cvs?

I handle this more or less the same way. I work on major changes in a
separate copy - things I don't expect to finish within a day or
two.

 NS> Maybe index.html should be split up and every task given his own
 NS> file?

Split up, yes. Once we change the interface for optional tasks, each
one will need to provide it's own documentation anyway.

Posted by Nico Seessle <ni...@seessle.de>.
OK, here we go...

Just another two questions:

How do you (or others) handle this? I had other entries in my
defaults.properties (for some tasks I'm just writing but which are not
finished), so I had to remove their entries to get the "correct" patch from
cvs?

Maybe index.html should be split up and every task given his own file? I
found it very difficult to edit such a large file and don't get it wrong,
but maybe I'm using just the wrong tools :-)

Nico

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.